Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Life with a newborn and a 17 month old...



Life is hard...the transition from 1 to 2 has been hard for me...probably mainly because Aidyn has started acting up ever since we brought Kasen home from the hospital, and on top of that, Kasen is a horrible baby. I was really hoping I would be blessed with a good baby, because Aidyn was not a good baby, but boy was I wrong. He is even worse than Aidyn was. He cries all the time, constantly flexing his body and grunting as though he is in pain...probably some sort of digestive problem. We have tried gas drops, colic remedies, etc. but nothing seems to work. Then add the problem of him not nursing well, and then not gaining any weight. The dr. was worried so they had me nursing every 2 hours, and in the beginning it took about an hour to nurse total, so I was literally nursing all day long, and all night long...not a fun life. Those first few weeks were hard, but he started getting better at nursing, and around 3 weeks started gaining weight finally, so at least I am not nursing as often. He is still a crier though...all the time. He is either sleeping (during the day, not at night), or screaming. I feel bad for the poor guy, it really does sound like he is in pain. Things are getting better, and I only hope they continue to do so, otherwise I might be re-thinking the wanting 5 kids thing. j/k



The best picture we could get of the two kids...he is always crying

First Sunday back to church

I think he is going to be handsome...what do you think?

1 comment:

Shauna said...

he is adorable! he is going to be a total heart breaker!
I'm sorry that you're having such a rough go! Two kids is hard enough as it is!
Todd had the same problem when he was just born. We tried all of that stuff too... nothing worked. When he was about 6 weeks old I finally took him in because I was up all night with him with his crying, grunting, and what not. (I was crying too!) Turns out he had acid reflux. they gave him some medicine that he took twice a day and it made A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!! (in case you wanna know, he had a liquid type of medicine at first and then later we gave him some pills instead... the liquid worked much much better but was more expensive ($60) and medicaid didn't cover it.)

maybe he has that too? i dunno... something to ask your doc next time. I hope that you can figure it out soon!
You'll eventually feel like you have your life back in order. it took me a few months.