Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Schlappi Family Reunion



In July, we were able to drive to Utah and spend time with my mom's family for a reunion. We drove 8 hours to the city of Alton, Ut...population 158. That figure is exact...the mayor confirmed it. We spent a couple of days hanging out in a huge cabin, playing games, eating, biking, etc. It was a lot of fun to get some time off work and relax. It was also the first time Jeff really got to know my mom's family. He had met them, but never spent quality time with them. I am amazed at how much he got along with them. All I hear now is how much he wants to go fishing and hunting...which is pretty much all my mom's family cares about (well, the men anyway). I am glad he had a good time though and got to know my family, because once we move to Utah (eventually we want to end up there), we will be spending a lot of time with them.

No comments: