Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Life as a stay at home mom






















I absolutely love being a mom...everyone tried to describe to me how I would love her so much, but nothing even comes close to the connection I feel with Aidyn. I have loved staying at home with her, and I am so grateful for a husband that insists that I do stay home. He works so hard to make enough money so that I can be the one that raises our daughter...so I am the one that gets to see her smile for the first time, and rollover, and sit, and walk. I would be so depressed if I had to leave Aidyn during the day while someone else takes care of her.

The first couple of days at home with Aidyn were a breeze....my mom and sister were here, and Jeff was off work, so I had all the help I needed. I recovered very quickly...only had minor tearing so very few stiches. The nursing was probably the most painful thing out of the whole process. After about 2 weeks the pain went away...however at about 4 weeks I got an infection, and that lasted another 2 weeks, and that was extremely painful. Once I made it past that...everything was great. A lot of moms say they feel extremely sleep deprived...I never felt that. There are some days when I am tired, but I never really felt like I couldn't function. I guess those years of little sleep did me good. She was eating every 2 hours for the first month, then every 3...she eates very efficiently...done in about 15 minutes, so I have nothing to complain about...I hear some babies eat for 45 minutes. She loves getting a bath or shower, and she is a power napper...like her mom. She never naps for more than an hour, usually only 45 minutes, but she seems to get enough sleep to function. She is still waking up 2 times a night to eat. She has started smiling more and I love that she can recognize me...my face, my voice. I love being a mom...I couldn't ask for anything more. These 2 months have truly been amazing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is what I am searching for a lovely new bornpussy