Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pregnancy...

So I haven't posted anything in awhile, and I now have posted like 5 things, so I apologize about not keeping up with my blog...I need to be better. I figure I should say a little something about my current condition (with the pregnancy that is). It is going much better. I have pretty much stopped the throwing up all the time and feeling sick. I still feel a little light-headed and I randomly throw up once, but it is so much better. My biggest problem currently is accepting the weight gain. I know that I need to gain weight for my baby, but I have been gaining a little too much weight for my liking, and my doctors' too. He had me in tears at my last appointment because I had gained too much in the last month, and in his opinion, I am eating too much take-out, ice cream, fried food, and not working out at all. I tried to explain to him that I am not eating that unhealthy (sure I have ice cream every once in awhile), and I have been trying to be more active, but he says if I were doing those things, the scale would suggest otherwise. Kind of frustrating for me having my doctor tell me I am not doing what I am supposed to be doing, even though I am. Anyway, this last month I have made even more of an attempt to eat only healthy things, and to get even more exercise. I have my appointment in a week, so we will see if it made any bit of difference. Needless to say, I have not been that impressed with my doctor, and I most likely will not be going to him for any of the future pregancies I have.

I am now 27 weeks, and can finally feel the light at the end of the tunnel. Next week will begin my 3rd and final trimester, so that is very reassuring. I want to have her so bad I can barely stand it. She is moving around all the time, and Jeff just loves holding my stomach to feel her kicks. I recently had my glucose screening test, and that came back normal, but I did find out that my iron is extremely low, so I have to take two extra iron supplements a day. I am getting more and more excited every day, and I can't wait for this pregnancy to be over so I can hold my little girl in my arms. I don't have pictures specifically of my belly, but there are plenty of me below that you can see maybe why my doctor is a little concerned.

4 comments:

The Stones said...

OK YOU LOOK GREAT! Stupid doctor, You are so tiny from the beginning that baby is going to take over that little body. I really don't like your doctor either by the way! Anyway, You look great and I can't wait to meet baby Aiydn!

Veronica said...

YOU LOOK GREAT!!! I had the samee weight gain problem, so I know how you feel, it is so hard to gain weight when you are pregnant ( I mean mentally) My midwife said it was all the carbs... she says they are evil for pregnant women and told me to cut back on them. I have gained WAYYY more than I wanted too, and went home crying from the doctors a few times because of it! I feel your pain! Sept will be here soon enough!

Oh and if you want something easy that you can do at home with out totally killing yourself, I have a great prenatal yoga video that is awesome, and makes you feel relaxed and healthy! it's at target for like $15 or so, but totally worth it.

Julie B. said...

keep it up justyn!:) i feel like there is nothing i can say to make you feel better, because their was nothing anyone said to me that made it better. But, you're almost there and you are so beautiful inside and out, and you're doing such a wonderful job growing that sweet baby, and that weight will fall off of you after! love you.

The Mullins said...

You look great! Dr. L is a bit of a Nazi, oh well. Just grin and bear it for now. Don't stress too much. I am so excited for you and that you are having a girl...how fun! Hope all is well, miss seeing your smiling face.
Love ya
Melinda